Projects involving domestic and/or international travel require additional steps in the application and award process. Due to the significant timelines of some university procedures, such as travel to locations with advisories, we strongly recommend that applicants start preparing for travel as soon as possible—and invite you to contact us as you have questions.
You will be required to agree to the following statement acknowledging the risk of COVID-19:
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, there are enhanced risks associated with travel. Please review these terms and provide your acknowledgement and understanding of the enhanced risks associated with your destination so that you can make informed decisions and reduce the potential risks associated with travel.
- I understand that the World Health Organization has classified the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic. I further understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease, and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in significant personal injury or death to me or others. I am aware of and and accept all the risks inherent in traveling and participating in this program.
- I have reviewed the U.S. State Department Travel Advisory for my travel destination, including their COVID-19 Travel Information.
- I have reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) country-specific information for my destination as well as their COVID-19 Information.
- I understand that it is possible to contract COVID-19 even if I follow all safety precautions and guidelines recommended by the CDC and other federal, state and local government health officials. I recognize that my participation in this program may expose me to inherent, unforeseeable risks not within the control of CU Boulder.
- I understand that any unanticipated travel or lodging costs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic will be my responsibility.
- I understand that I am subject to all local laws, regulations, ordinances or other government-related orders while participating in this program.
- I am responsible for my own personal health and safety. I assume the responsibility for obtaining all required medical advice, and/or medications from a healthcare professional prior to traveling.
- I will take the necessary steps to prepare myself and manage the risks of traveling.