2017 Graduate Student Orientation
August 21, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Agenda Register Here
- Check-in will begin at 6:30 AM outside the Glenn Miller Ballroom in the University Memorial Center (UMC)
- Attend the morning information sessions most relevant to you
- Share lunch and facilitated conversation on a topic that intrigues you. Topics include:
- LGBTQ issues and resources on campus
- CU Boulder's Green Labs
- Being a first year PhD student without a Master's degree
- Starting graduate school as a parent or guardian
- Veterans issues and resources on campus
- Many campus facilities, including the libraries, museums, and health center, will be holding open houses between 9 AM and 4 PM.
- Tours will be offered between 1:30 and 4 PM. Check out CU's fitness facilities, learn about the history and traditions of CU Boulder, or get familiar with academic resources available on campus.
- Finally, join your fellow graduate students for some food and fun at UGGS Graduate Student Social from 5-7 PM @ the Recreation Center (Rec)!
Welcome to the CU community!
*Many thanks to New Student and Family Programs for hosting this Graduate Student Orientation.*
Current students, if you're interested in helping the orientation and/or graduate social run smoothly, please sign up to volunteer.
All volunteers will receive a FREE meal, t-shirt, and any other goodies provided to attendees.