Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano invites nominations for the 2020 Chancellor’s Employee of the Year Award. This annual award is presented to CU Boulder staff in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to the campus community.
The 2020 award will focus on recognizing employees who have demonstrated excellence in the campus response to COVID-19. The award criteria will include the same categories as in years past—job performance, leadership, service, and interpersonal skills—with a specific focus on the extraordinary efforts of our employees in the pandemic response.
The award includes a prize of $2,000 and a commemorative gift. The 2020 award will be presented at a virtual ceremony.
- All eligible CU Boulder classified and university staff may be nominated for this award.
- Nominees must have been employed by CU Boulder for at least three years by the nomination deadline and must not have received any corrective and/or disciplinary actions within the last five years.
- Employees may only receive this award once during their campus career.
- Please note that nominations of university officers will not be considered.
Nominations may be submitted by any member of the campus community (staff, faculty or student) who has firsthand knowledge about the nominee.
Nominations should be submitted using the online nomination form. Each nominee should have:
- One primary nomination submission
- Two additional supporting submissions by individuals other than the primary nominator
- At least one of the submissions must be from the nominee’s direct supervisor.
Nominations should address and provide specific examples of the following criteria:
- Outstanding job performance
- Demonstrates consistently outstanding performance in all areas of their job.
- Incorporates ethical practices and behaviors in all areas of their job
- Inspired leadership
- Leads with integrity and in a way that contributes constructively to the department or campus’ mission.
- Identifies and addresses challenges that arise in an honest, thoughtful and ethical manner.
- Extraordinary service to the unit, department, campus or surrounding community
- Supports the unit, department, college, campus or surrounding community in unique ways that go beyond the employee’s job responsibilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Supports co-workers.
- Improves department/division/unit morale.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude.
Nomination Submission Process
To submit a nomination or supporting submission, please complete the electronic nomination form using the link below. Nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 12, 2020.
- No more than three total submissions will be accepted for each nominee.
- Submissions will not be accepted past the nomination deadline.
For additional information or questions, please contact Mark Berge at email@example.com.