The following is a list of guidelines for any in-person media interview on CU Boulder's campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the conditions of this pandemic are ever-changing, these guidelines will be subject to change. Please make sure that you are referencing the most up-to-date guidelines when you are preparing for your interview.
All participants should review the guidelines in advance and follow them as closely as possible.
- Participants must maintain social distancing (minimum 6 feet) at all times. No handshakes.
- Conduct interviews outdoors.
- Exceptions can be made if physical presence in a lab or other space is required for the story. Submit request to email@example.com.
- Following the Boulder County Public Health guidelines, all participants must wear facial coverings while on campus.
- Once the interview is about to begin, the interviewee may remove their facial covering if they are comfortable doing so. We prefer that the media members keep their masks on.
- The preferred method for capturing sound is a boom or stick microphone while maintaining social distancing. If a lav mic must be used, precautions should be taken to maintain social distancing.
- Social distance should be maintained while collecting B-roll, particularly indoors.
- Mask and microphone rules still apply.
- Gear should be wiped down/sanitized prior to entering labs or closed spaces.
- Exchange all information electronically. Do not exchange items such as business cards or pamphlets.