Chancellor DiStefano invites nominations for the 2016 Chancellor’s Employee of the Year Award. This annual award is presented to CU Boulder staff in recognition of, and appreciation for, exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to the campus community.
The award includes a prize of $1,500 (subject to payroll taxes) and a commemorative gift. The 2016 award will be presented at a private reception in December.
All eligible CU Boulder classified and university staff may be nominated for this award. Nominees must have been employed by CU Boulder for at least three years by the nomination deadline and must not have received any corrective and/or disciplinary actions within the last five years. Employees may only receive this award once during their campus career. Please note that nominations of university officers will not be considered.
Nominations may be submitted by any member of the campus community (staff, faculty or student) who has firsthand knowledge about the nominee. The nomination letter must be accompanied by two letters of support. The nomination letter and two letters of support must not exceed two (2) pages each. No more than two letters of support may be submitted for consideration; the nomination materials must not exceed six (6) pages total.
Nominations should address one or more of the following criteria:
- Outstanding job performance
- Demonstrates consistently outstanding performance in all areas of his/her job.
- Inspired leadership
- Leads with integrity and in a way that contributes constructively to the campus’ mission.
- Identifies and addresses challenges that arise in an honest, thoughtful and ethical manner.
- Extraordinary service to the campus and surrounding community
- Supports the campus and surrounding community in unique ways that go beyond the employee’s job responsibilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Supports co-workers.
- Improves department/division/unit morale.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude.
Nomination packets should be submitted via email (strongly encouraged), through campus mail or in person.
Office of the Chancellor
ATTN: Mark Berge
Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 30, 2016. For additional information, please contact Mark Berge at 303.492.8909, or firstname.lastname@example.org.