With many students planning to leave campus during fall break (Nov. 21 - Nov. 29), please take a moment to review some general reminders. Also, if you plan to remain on campus, please review the campus operations information.
- Before you leave, find someone willing to clear snow off your property. Snow must be removed within 24 hours of a snow fall.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and/or any trash in your yard.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move any expensive items like laptops away from windows where they may be visible.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature; about 60 degrees.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
- Have a great fall break!
- Lock your doors and windows.
- Unplug lights, computers and appliances (except refrigerators) to conserve energy and also for safety.
- Take valuables (like jewelry) with you if at all possible.
- Secure your vehicles and bicycles in your approved parking area.
- Turn your heater to the low setting where possible. At Williams Village, turn your fan to the low setting.
- Please remove garbage and recycling before leaving.
If you plan to stay on-campus during break:
- Notify your RA in advance.
- Do not prop doors open.
- Report strangers to your RA, the hall office or UCPD at 303-492-6666.
- Always keep your doors and windows locked.
- Keep bicycles and vehicles secure.
- Dining centers and grab-n-gos are closed during fall break. Meals will be available for break-eligible meal plan holders every day Nov. 21 through Nov. 29, except Nov. 26-27. Click here for more information.
- All dining operations will resume normal hours Monday, Nov. 30.
Buff Bus Operations
- Limited Buff Bus service for students traveling from William's Village to Libby Hall will be available during the fall break on Saturday, Nov. 21, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 5 to 7 p.m.; Sunday, Nov. 22, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 5 to 7 p.m.; Monday, Nov. 23 through Wednesday, Nov. 25, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 5 to 7 p.m. There will be no service Thursday or Friday of fall break. The Buff Bus will resume full service Saturday, Nov. 28.
- Library hours during fall break.
- Eat, play, study, relax at the UMC during break, M-W, Nov. 23 - 25, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. For more information visit the UMC website.
Getting to DIA
If you’re planning to fly (home or vacation) over fall break, remember that your CU Student Bus Pass allows you to ride to and from Denver International Airport for free. The skyRide bus (use route AB) departs hourly from CU…no reservations are necessary. The closest bus departure point at CU is the 16th Street and Broadway bus stop (Southbound side of Broadway). It takes about an hour to travel to DIA.