Our unique MFA is a hands-on, project based professional degree program. The program is structured to be completed in four terms: fall, spring, summer and fall. A select cohort of students is admitted alternating years.
Rolling deadline for Fall 2020 entry opens July 1, 2019.
To apply for the new Master of Fine Arts in Experience Design at the University of Colorado Boulder please submit the following materials in the manner mentioned below:
- An Online Application through the CU Boulder Graduate School using the following link:,Graduate Admission Application
- Official Transcripts in PDF format (uploaded as part of the online application) from all previous institutions attended.
- Note: a Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for admittance into the program.
- The GRE is not required for the MFA in Experience Design.
- Two Letters of Reference that speak to your background, training, experience, and career potential.
- A Statement of Purpose (sent via email in PDF format) that expresses your educational and career goals, your personal philosophy of design and your understanding of experience design.
- A Digital Portfolio (sent by email as a web link) that demonstrates your current aptitude with any/all of the following:
- The creation of interactive or immersive experiences
- The principles of visual design
- Artistry and creative expression
- Design graphics and presentation
- The design process
Your Statement of Purpose and Digital Portfolio link should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on tuition, fees and housing costs are available through this link: Cost of Attendance