This 54-credit program requires an abundance of studio coursework and the generation of a comprehensive design portfolio. The curriculum breaks down into the following 7 categories:
- 6 Credits Collaboratories in Experience Design – Studio courses with Experience Design projects completed under guidance of industry representatives.
- 9 Credits Design Ateliers – Technique courses in design graphics, expression and presentation.
- 3 Credits Topics in Design Technology - Courses in the application of illumination, audio, video projection and other related technologies.
- 12 Credits Theory Seminars – Includes courses in design implementation, storytelling and design theory.
- 6 Credits The Experience Design Center – A summer studio where realized project work is solicited and completed in the manner of a professional firm.
- 12 Credits Professional Portfolio – A progressive portfolio of design work is generated and assessed.
- 6 Credits Electives of Choice – selected based on individual student interests from a variety of subjects campus-wide.