Did you know that thousands of students enroll in summer classes each year? As you start to plan your summer, consider the benefits of taking one or two summer classes during convenient, short sessions offered between May and August:
- Save time and money: All students pay by credit hour for Summer Session classes. This means you may be able to shorten your time to graduation and save money on tuition, housing, and food by taking summer classes.
- Hundreds of in-person, online, remote, and hybrid remote/online courses available: The summer schedule includes more than 200 online classes plus nearly 200 remote or hybrid remote/online classes offered in multiple sessions to accommodate your needs. Create a schedule that lets you earn the credits you need to graduate no matter where you are.
- Get into popular courses: Summer Session gives you an opportunity to get into popular or required classes that are often full during the fall and spring semesters.
- Focus on fewer courses: Unlike the fall and spring semesters, Summer Session allows you to focus your attention on one or two classes at a time. You can immerse yourself in a topic you love or concentrate your efforts on a challenging class.
- Flexibility: Summer classes provide you the flexibility to lighten your course load in future semesters or help you stay on track toward graduation.
- Get back on track: If you are experiencing academic difficulty, summer is a great option for getting yourself back into good academic standing.
No matter your reason, Summer Session is a great option to advance your degree or get ahead.
Steps you can take to use your summer to the fullest:
- Visit the Summer Session website to familiarize yourself with summer dates and deadlines, enrollment and tuition information
- Search for summer classes on the CU Boulder Class Search
- Talk to your advisor about how summer classes might help you reach your goals
Summer Session registration begins March 1.