UROP Grant proposals are evaluated by one of six faculty review committees organized by the disciplinary categories listed below.
- Students and faculty should select the category that most appropriately describes the proposed project.
- For interdisciplinary projects, students and faculty should select based on the project's primary focus.
This list is intended as a general guide to the disciplinary categories; these departments/programs are not exclusive to any one category.
Arts and Humanities
- Anthropology; Art and Art History; Asian Languages and Civilizations; Asian Studies; British and Irish Studies; Central and East European Studies; Classics; English; Film Studies; French and Italian; Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures; History; Humanities; Jazz Studies; Jewish Studies; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Studies; Linguistics; Media Studies; Music Composition; Music Education; Music Performance; Musicology; Peace and Conflict Studies; Philosophy; Religious Studies; Spanish and Portuguese; Technology, Arts & Media; Theatre & Dance; Western American Studies; Western Civilization Studies; Writing and Rhetoric
- Accounting; Actuarial Studies and Quantitative Finance; Business Administration; Business Analytics; Finance
- Education; Elementary and Secondary Teacher Education; Music Education; Writing and Rhetoric
Biochemistry; Chemical and Biological Engineering; Ecology and Evolutionary Biology; Environmental Studies; Integrative Physiology; Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology; Neuroscience; Psychology; Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
Math, Physical Sciences and Engineering
Aerospace Engineering Sciences; Applied Mathematics; Architectural Engineering; Astrophysical and Planetary Sciences; Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences; Chemical and Biological Engineering; Chemistry; Civil Engineering; Computer Science; Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering; Engineering Physics; Environmental Design; Environmental Engineering; Geography; Geological Sciences; Mathematics; Mechanical Engineering; Physics
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Anthropology; Communication; Economics; Environmental Studies; Geography; Psychology; INVST Community Studies; International Affairs; Journalism; Media Studies; Religious Studies; Technology, Arts & Media; Information Science; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Studies; Peace and Conflict Studies; Political Science; Sociology; Strategic Communication; Women and Gender Studies