Important Dates for Pathways in STEM. These dates and details are subject to change; always check back for the latest information.
July 11th is Biology Day!
- Instagram LIVE @ 11 AM - 11:15 (Sam Long): We will be speaking with Sam Long about what gender inclusive Biology means in the classroom and what high school students can do.
- Sam Long's Zoom Live Talk @ 2 PM - 2:45 PM: Sam Long, "The Spectrum of Life," Description: Humans don't fit into a binary and neither do animals! In this session you'll discover the diverse ways in which animals develop, interact, and reproduce. We'll learn about sex-changing clownfish, all-female salamander species, birds that divvy up parenting roles, and more.
- Instagram LIVE @ 3 PM 3:15 PM (Dr. Scott Taylor): We will be discussing what it is like to by a professor, advice about reserach, genetic hybridization in birds, and more!
And do not forget to check out Dr. Taylor's Talk and Sam Long's Interview on IGTV on July 11th!
July 25th is Astronomy Day!
Stay Tuned for Schedule
- Social Media Campaigns Begin
- Workshop: Understanding the Cosmic Microwave Background Begins
- Creative Pathways Workshop Begins
June 27th @ 2 PM
- Panel: My First Two Years of University as a STEM Major. Tune into a panel of freshman and sophmore students who are a part of oSTEM @ the University of Colorado, Boulder, as they discuss and answer questions about thier university experiences. You must be registered to attend the live-streamed event. Participants will be invited to submit questions for the panel before and after the event. Live Streaming Platform TBA.
July 11th - Biology Day!
- On Biology Day, Pathways in STEM will focus on content that deals with the complex intersection of LGBTQ+ identity and biology.
July 11th @ 2 PM
- Live Workshop with Sam Long: The Spectrum of Life: Diverse Sex and Gender in the Animal Kingdom. Humans don't fit into a binary and neither do animals! In this session you'll discover the diverse ways in which animals develop, interact, and reproduce. We'll learn about sex-changing clownfish, all-female salamander species, birds that divvy up parenting roles, and more. Presenter bio: Sam is a high school biology teacher in Westminster, Colorado. He is a cofounder of Gender Inclusive Biology, a resource for educators, students, and families.
- Talk with Dr. Scott Taylor. In his talk, Dr. Taylor will discuss his research in bird ecology, his journey as a LGBTQ+ person in STEM, and his efforts to make biology learning more inclusive. You can find out more about Dr. Taylor on his website:
Stay tuned for new events and updates!