Student Affairs Financial Planning and Reporting is a centralized service center for the Division of Student Affairs that provides support in all financial and accounting areas.
We collaborate with departments to understand their operational processes in order to best advise them on appropriate accounting and financial practices. We partner closely with CU’s Campus Controller’s Office, Budget Fiscal Planning, Bursar, Financial Aid, Office of Cash Management, Treasury, and other offices to ensure compliance with laws and policies/procedures.
SA Financial Planning & Reporting partners with departments in Student Affairs to provide:
- Budget planning and financial management best practices
- Financial reporting and analysis including standardized monthly reporting and ad hoc analysis, forecasting and projections
- Rate setting for billing and revenue purposes
- Cash management, payment posting and revenue recognition in multiple software systems
- Fiscal compliance including PCI (credit card) compliance, sales tax reporting, proper account code usage, gift fund usage, capital transactions, internal controls, cash transfers and balance sheet reconciliation
- Billing and invoicing services for students in Residence Halls, Bear Creek, Graduate and Family Housing, Conference Services and meal plans
- Partner with SA Compliance on contract and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) reviews and analysis
Please contact us at SA-Finance@colorado.edu or at 303-492-6067.