CU Science Discovery offers a variety of virtual learning opportunities for the 2020-2021 school year. Many of this winter's virtual STEM classes are scheduled on Mondays, currently designated as BVSD non-student contact days. Science Discovery understands that additional virtual learning is not ideal during a school year that is already virtual for many. These classes are designed to give participants an opportunity to step away from traditional classroom content and learn something new. Each class is designed to inspire critical thinking and foster growth and curiosity, while allowing students to interact online with their peers in a safe setting.
CU Science Discovery's virtual school year classes:
- Are led by enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced instructors, including CU faculty, graduate and undergraduate scientists
- Include experiential learning activities that are engaging, informative and fun
- Combine virtual class meeting time (over Zoom) with online and hands-on activities
- Provide individualized attention and small class sizes
- Offer live instruction times that correspond appropriately to different grade levels