CU Science Discovery’s Teacher + Student Team Workshops are a unique professional development model featuring day-long, activity-based programs for teams composed of one teacher and five students. Teachers and students (grades 4-8) work side-by-side, allowing teachers to observe students’ interaction with inquiry and innovation-driven activities grounded in standards-based content. These workshops feature three interconnected classes on a specific science, engineering or pedagogical theme that:
- Provide a full-day of engaging, hands-on STEM learning and activities
- Share new, standards-based activities, skills and technologies
- Develop inquiry, innovation, engineering design and/or science process skills
- Bring the best of cutting-edge science and pedagogy from the University of Colorado Boulder
- Supply program resources, curricula and CDE/NGSS standards correlations
- Provide a certificate documenting 5 hours of professional development or college/university credit
As programs are added throughout the year, they will be posted on this page. If you wish to receive these details in your inbox, join the Science Discovery mailing list.
For additional information, contact Scott Sieke via email.