June 1-4 (Note: This is a 4-day week.); 9am-12pm (Online registration closes May 26. Call 303-492-7188 to register after this date.)
July 6-9 (Note: This is a 4-day week.); 9am-12pm (Online registration closes July 1. Call 303-492-7188 to register after this date.)
- Tuesday: Coal Creek Trail Head (Lafayette)
- Wednesday: Evert Pierson Kid's Fishing Pond
- Thursday: Walden Ponds
- Friday: Sawhill Ponds
What secrets lie beneath the surface of the streams and ponds in our area? What animal left those unusual tracks along the water’s edge? What kind of nest is that between the branches above? What is the name of that insect that buried its larvae beneath the mud? Are all things in a pond or stream ecosystem somehow connected? We will answer these questions and many more as we explore water systems in the Boulder area. We will look at the smallest animals under a microscope and catch larger ones with a net. We'll make a diorama of an animal in its habitat, and create cattails to learn about the importance of this plant in our local marshes. Join us for this watery outdoor adventure!
Masks are required to be worn for all in-person programs. All participants will receive a short health screening and a thermal temperature check upon arrival to the check-in area for each camp gathering.
What to Bring: Because this is an outdoor camp, participants are required to bring the following to each camp:
- Backpack for carrying their personal items and camp materials. Note: In order to limit individual interactions, all participants will be required to carry their own items.
- A mask appropriately sized to cover the child's nose and mouth and any additional Personal Protective Equipment the child will be utilizing. Note: Wearing of masks will be required for all participants.
- Filled water bottle.
- 1-2 snacks, depending on the child's needs.
- Appropriate footwear for exploring the outdoors.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather; jacket, sweatshirt and/or rain jacket recommended in case of weather change.
Grade Policy: Careful consideration is used to determine grade levels for all camps and classes. To provide the highest quality experience for all participants, it is necessary to adhere to the specified grade range for this program.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy: Cancellations made more than 15 business days prior to the start of the program will incur a $35 administrative fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 15 business days of the start of the program. In the event that a program is cancelled by Science Discovery, registrants will receive a full refund. Transfer requests made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program will incur a $15 administrative fee. Transfer requests made within 15 business days will incur a $35 administrative fee.