Disciplinary records may be sealed by the Director of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution, or their designee, upon written request of the student with a disciplinary record. Most disciplinary records are retained for 5 years from the decision letter.
Sealed files will be marked and the record shall not be disclosed to external third parties by Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution, except as required by law. These records will be maintained internally for disciplinary purposes and in compliance with applicable federal laws. The decision is final and is not appealable.
Student Conduct records created less than 6 months from the date of the final decision letter shall not be sealed without compelling justification. Records may not be sealed until all sanctions are completed.
Factors to be considered in review of the request include:
- The student’s disciplinary record as a whole.
- The student’s conduct after the violation.
- The nature of the violation(s) including, but not limited to, the severity of the damage, injury, harm, or other impact resulting from the violation(s).
- Whether all sanctions have been completed as directed or not, including informal probation, formal disciplinary probation, or suspension.
- The person’s responses to the request questions and other provided information.