The SASC Mathematics Program is committed to supporting student success. The courses are rigorous, student-centered, and community-oriented.
- Class sizes of 20 students or less.
- Lectures that include a significant amount of active student participation.
- A classroom climate that supports all students.
- Labs two days per week which provide an opportunity for in-depth problem-solving, group work and mentoring by an undergraduate instructor assistant.
- Academic support outside of class through group office hours and individual tutoring.
- Teaching to all learning styles.
- A team approach to instruction.
- A collaborative approach to learning.
- Consistent and clear feedback to students.
Free Drop-In Tutoring is available in the SASC Math Office Hours Room - Fleming 193, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm. If more help is needed, talk to your Instructor about getting a private tutor
If you are struggling to pay for textbooks, talk to your Academic Coordinator.