CU Boulder Safety Philosophy
As part of our commitment to campus safety, CU provides comprehensive safety resources for faculty, staff, and students. We encourage you to learn about and make regular use of these resources and support a culture of personal responsibility, on campus and off, that will help us build an increasingly safe university community.
In case of emergency dial 911
Provides planning and coordination of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery of natural and man-made disasters.
Environmental Health & Safety
Provides comprehensive services and support that allows the university to maintain its high standards of health and safety for laboratories, work areas, and classrooms.
When law enforcement arrives
- Remain calm and follow instructions
- Raise hands and spread fingers
- Avoid quick movements toward officers, such as holding on to them for safety
- Avoid pointing, screaming or yelling
- Do not ask questions when evacuating
Information to provide to 911 operators
- Location of the active harmer
- Number of harmers
- Physical description of harmer(s)
- Number and type of weapons the harmer has
- Number of potential victims at location