Are you planning on submitting a new NIH R01 proposal for the standard June due date? The NIH R01 Commit-to-Submit Writing Program can help get you there!
Led by Research & Innovation Office Proposal Writer Jim Mazzouccolo, this program is designed to support your proposal’s narrative development from start to finish through one-on-one writing and proposal development coaching, a series of workshops, and peer writing groups. Participants will learn the ins and outs of writing a competitive NIH research strategy and will be prepared to submit a proposal by the June 5, 2021 deadline.
- Identify and employ crucial steps to take to prepare to write
- Acquire key information about effective NIH writing strategies
- Apply those strategies as you write and revise a draft of your submission
- Utilize your skills to critique the work of others, which will lead to sharpening of your own skills
- Develop better proposal writing skills that will carry forward on all submissions, whether to NIH or other funding agencies
Please email Jim Mazzouccolo at email@example.com to join RIO's NIH R01 Commit-to-Submit Writing Program.
The NIH R01 Commit-to-Submit Writing Program Kickoff event will be held on January 26, 2021, from 12-1pm. All faculty interested in learning more are invited to attend.
Tentative NIH R01 Commit-to-Submit Writing Program Working Sessions
- 1/28 – Solicitation discussion, in depth review of requirements (Topic -Specific Aims)
- 2/09 – Specific Aims Due Date (Topic – Background and Significance)
- 2/16 – Specific Aims Peer Review
- 2/23 – Background and Significance Due Date (Topic – Innovation)
- 3/02 – Background and Significance Peer Review
- 3/09– Innovation Section Due Date (Topic – Research Plan)
- 03/16– Innovation Section Peer Review
- 4/13 - Research Plan deadline
- 4/20 – Research Plan Peer review session
- 5/04 – Final drafts Due
- 6/5 – NIH Standard Deadlines for New R01 Submissions