**The 2018 deadline for this opportunity has passed or the internal application slot has been granted. Updated information will be posted when the next funding cycle opens.**
With this solicitation, the SMART Office seeks applications for funding the enhancement and advancement of SVPI. The goal of SVPI is to reduce sexual violence and improve sexual offender monitoring through research and practice. Project objectives to accomplish the goal are to:
- Develop and maintain literature review chapters and research briefs;
- Disseminate research findings to researchers and practitioners; and
- Provide effective program management to achieve project milestones.
Specifically, project activities include the following:
- Updating literature review chapters and research briefs with current and emerging research and practice;
- Developing additional literature review chapters and research briefs on relevant sexual violence prevention and sex offender monitoring topics;
- Drafting topical briefs targeted to specific disciplines or professionals involved in sex offender-related work;
- Detailing how other sex offender-related programming augments SORNA and disseminating this information to SORNA jurisdictions;
- Developing a dissemination plan to reach broad audiences and professions;
- Inventorying sex offender-related policies and practices, as well as sexual violence prevention efforts and identifying potential best practices; and
- Convening a select group of practitioners and experts in investigation and prosecution of sex crimes to discuss and peer review the project’s findings and make recommendations on future directions.
CU Internal Expression of Interest Deadline: N/A; email email@example.com if interested
DOJ SVPI Full Proposal Deadline: 9:59pm MST April 16, 2018
There are no eligibility requirements.
Limited Submission Guidelines
Only one application per entity will be considered.
Award Information and Duration
The SMART Office expects to make up to one award of up to $350,000, with a 36-month period of performance, to begin on October 1, 2018.