The North India Small Grants Program will facilitate NIO’s engagement with organizations and institutions outside of the National Capitol Region and provide an opportunity to 1) create dialogue on issues important to the people of North India; and 2) develop innovative and sustainable programming to address these issues. The goal of this funding opportunity is to strengthen people-to-people ties between the United States and India through exchange of information, experiences, and expertise. Projects must take place in one or more of the following states and territories: Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand. Projects may include, but are not limited to, workshops, cultural programs, exhibitions, hackathons, competitions, and outreach campaigns. Projects should demonstrate the innovative spirit of the United States and India, and must address one of the following priority areas:
- Environmental Sustainability (including renewable energy)
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Preventing Violent Extremism
- Countering Trafficking-in-Persons
CU Internal Deadline: 11:59pm MST July 5, 2018
Sponsor Application Deadline: 9:59pm MST July 23, 2018
Internal Application Requirements (all in PDF format)
- Project Description (up to 2 pages): Please include project name, key personnel, objective(s), specific issue(s) to be addressed, project activities, impact, and indicators for success.
- Budget Overview (up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed OCG budgets are not required.
To access the online application, visit: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/5221
Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations. Individuals are not eligible.
U.S. Embassy New Delhi grants/cooperative agreements cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity; fundraising campaigns; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development of the organization, or illegal activities
Limited Submission Guidelines
Applicants may submit up to four individual project proposals. Each project must be a standalone project and may not be part of another small grant project proposal.
Award Information and Duration
Award Amount: Up to $15,000 per project.
Award Term: 1 year or less.