Questions from Brazilian Applicants
If you are selected for funding, you will also have to apply to CNPq.
You need to contact them by email. In your first email correspondance, identify the CINEMA program in the title of the email, attach your CV, proposal summary and copies or links to your relevant publications.
February 24, 2016.
February 1st, 2016. CNPq considers the date when the candidate obtained his/her degree and not the date when the diploma is issued. So if a candidate defends his/her thesis successfully before the deadline, then this is sufficient.
In the current fiscal cycle, there is funding for 12 more postdoctoral fellows.
Funding is from the Science Without Borders program through CNPq and Brazil's State Agencies for Research Support.
A renewable energy focus is required. Projects will be evaluated on the level of innovation in two areas: 1) nanotechnology for renewable energy or 2) nanomaterials for renewable energy.
Joint Brazil-US proposals will be evaluated on three criteria:
- Fit of project within CINEMA (25%)
- Mutual benefit to the US and Brazil
- Fit within one of the following areas of study: Nanotechnology for renewable energy or nanomaterials for renewable energy. See list of CINEMA Energy Science Areas of Research.
- Quality of the research project description (50%)
- High-quality, innovative project with planned publications
- Has potential high impact for renewable energy
- Research mentor-CINEMA fellow match (25%)
- Appropriate accomplishments in energy-related research (meaningful contribution in CINEMA Energy Science areas of research)
- Experience in relevant areas of research
- Knowledge of appropriate techniques
- Relevant publication record of mentor
In following years, we anticipate including graduate student exchanges.
Questions from Research Mentors
Yes, but only one new fellow each year.
The CINEMA program has dedicated partners with specific research activities and a stipend that is competitive in the US.
No. You can only submit one application.