CU Transportation supports vanpooling to campus by helping form vans and by providing both monetary subsidies and free parking to make it more affordable and accessible to all staff.
What is a vanpool and is a driver provided?
- A vanpool is a group of 5-7 people with similar commute routes and work schedules, who share a van
- The van is provided by either Way To Go (Denver Metro area) or VanGo (Northern Front Range)
- The monthly fee covers all costs, including gas, parking, maintenance, insurance, etc. See below for more details
- A driver is not provided. Driving responsibilities are shared by at least two or more vanpool members
- Meet-up location(s), route and driving responsibilities are negotiable
Why should I vanpool?
Compared to driving, vanpoolers save hundreds of dollars a year in gas, maintenance, and parking fees.
- You get the van, or a ride in one. It's like having your own vehicle, but no wear and tear
- Gas, insurance, roadside assistance and maintenance are paid for
- Free parking for the van, plus one free one-day parking permit per month for days you need to drive your personal vehicle
- Guaranteed Ride Home - Emergency while at work? You can take a free cab ride home
- Paying is easy - Monthly payment is set up via payroll deduction for CU Staff, or online for temporary employees.
- HOV lane access
What does it cost?
All CU Boulder staff receive $35 in subsidies from CU and the City of Boulder no matter which vanpool program they participate in.
- Way To Go (Denver Metro area) - $50 per month for most staff. $20 for Front-line Service Employees (eligibility information can be found on Human Resource’s website). Temporary employees pay $65 a month and must set up an online payment plan.
- VanGo (Northern Front Range) - Monthly fee is dependent on commute distance from origin to destination. Contact VanGo for pricing. Let them know you are from CU Boulder to get a quote with the CU and City or Boulder incentives deducted.
Get paid! - Way to Go referral program
- Get paid $100 to start a new van or refer full vanpool group that joins Way To Go
- Get paid $20 for referring a friend or coworker who joins a van
- To be eligible, send referral information to Tim at WayToGo and he will coordinate registration and will provide details on payment.
Contact: Tim Robinson, Outreach Manager at timothy.Robinson@ehi.com, or call 970-420-9104
We can help! Giving up your car may seem daunting but we're here to answer questions and make the process easy and understandable. Call Clark Rider at 303-735-7874 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org