- Northwestern University, B.S. 1951, with distinction; M.A. 1952
- Stanford University, (Clinical Psychology) Ph.D. 1956
- Letterman Army Hospital, Psychology Intern, 9/54 - 8/55
- University of Colorado, Department of Psychology: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, 9/60-present
- Director, Psychology Training Clinic, 9/64-1973; 9/84-present
- Associate Chair, Director of Undergraduate Education, 8/99-present
- Chairman, Clinical Faculty and Director of Clinical Training, 9/73-8/77; 9/85-8/87; 8/91 - 7/92
- University of Wisconsin, Department of Psychology, Instructor, 7/59-8/60.
Familial factors determining adult attachment styles; the connection between adult attachment styles and psychopathology.