Expand your career by mastering the latest internet technologies, essential business skills, and policy knowledge to achieve success in today's rapidly changing high-tech world. TCP Graduates will possess the necessary knowledge and skills to protect and defend individuals, corporations, and governments against cyber threats. Boulder is home to industry leaders ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies seeking trained experts in cybersecurity, networking, wireless networks, and related policy.
Spring 2020 Application Deadline
Fall 2020 Application Deadlines
Late applications may be requested by contacting our Graduate Advisor.
All application materials, including application, application fee, statement of purpose, official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and TOEFL scores (if applicable), should be received by the application deadline. The application fee is non-refundable.
The following steps apply to all applicants. An applicant for admission must submit complete application materials that include:
- Complete the Online Application by the appropriate deadline (the application system undergoes maintenance in June and is not functional during this time). If you have questions or problems with the online application, email technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unofficial transcript(s) must be included in the online application. We require unofficial transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution you attended. This includes community colleges, summer sessions, and extension programs. While credits from one institution may appear on the transcript of a second institution, unofficial transcripts must be submitted from each institution, regardless of the length of attendance, and whether or not courses were completed. Official transcripts will be required upon admission to the program. Do not have official transcripts sent until requested.
- Provide contact information/email addresses for three people who will supply your three letters of recommendation. Secured links are e-mailed directly to recommenders upon submission of your application. For current students and recent graduates (within the last five years), recommendations from faculty members are particularly important.
- Upload your Personal Statement with the application. The admission committee finds it helpful to know how your graduate interests fit within our department.
No GRE Necessary! We do not require GRE scores for applications to the TCP program. However, if an applicant has below an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale according to US standards, then it is recommended to obtain and supply official GRE scores from ETS from an examination taken within the last 5 years to increase the competitiveness of their application. Institution code: 4841. Substitution of GMAT or LSAT scores are acceptable for students seeking admission to a dual MBA/TCP or JD/TCP program, but again are not required. GMAT dept. code: 11S-MH-08.
Once accepted, International Students must also submit Proof of Funding and Official TOEFL scores (if applicable).
The program curriculum emphasizes four areas:
Future students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university of recognized standing before their program start date. Their background does not have to be in computer science or a technical field.
Neither a technical background nor a policy or law background is required; however, you should have an interest in all four areas. Depending on your background, TCP Fundamentals courses will be used to establish a common knowledge base. Core courses in each of the four areas will provide you with graduate-level expertise in all areas, with Advanced Elective courses providing a deeper understanding of a subset of the topic areas.
While not a requirement for admission, students who are interested in pursuing a more technical degree plan (e.g. with a focus on networking, wireless systems) are strongly encouraged to have knowledge of the following subject material prior to matriculation:
3. LAN Networking Principles
a. Tutorials Point: Data Communication & Computer Network
b. Cybrary: CompTIA Network+
c. Professor Nessor: N10-004 CompTIA Network+ Training Course