A Complete Application Includes
- Online Application
- $50 application fee
- Admission essay (approximately 500 words)
- State your purpose for undertaking graduate studies, your personal and professional goals, and how participation in the MSOL program will help you attain those goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- At least one must be a professional recommendation from a former or current supervisor or colleague.
- A current résumé detailing your professional experience, education, awards, publications, volunteer activities, etc. Candidates should typically have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience; successful applicants have an average of 17 years.
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL colleges attended. We expect applicants to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75; the average among successful applicants is 3.45 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Please submit unofficial copies with the application; official transcripts should only be submitted if you are admitted and enroll.
- Transcripts must provide evidence of completion of a regionally-accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree or its 4-year international equivalent.
- All international transcripts must be accompanied by an English translation and a course-by-course evaluation by a transcript evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®).
- GMAT or GRE scores, if desired.
- These scores are optional. You are not required to submit scores from the GMAT or GRE.
- International students must also submit official scores from a test of English proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS scores).
- After your application is submitted, request that the TOEFL testing agency report your official score directly to the University of Colorado (institution code 4841). IELTS scores should be reported in the application.
- Applicants should have minimum TOEFL test scores of 537 (paper-based), 75 (internet-based) or an IELTS test score of 6.0.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Scott E. Battle, Assistant Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.