Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is a fully online, asynchronous degree program that prepares working professionals to assume roles as dynamic leaders. Through coursework that blends business, communication, and social sciences, you will develop the necessary knowledge and skills to address your organization’s challenges. You will learn to align others around a shared vision, build and manage effective teams, and apply the leadership skills necessary to excel in an increasingly fast-paced and complex work world.
MSOL learning objectives focus on intellectual and practical competencies. You will:
- acquire professional competency through acquisition of knowledge about leadership theories, contemporary leadership challenges, best practices, and industry standards relating to leadership.
- develop and apply strong critical thinking, decision-making, presentation, and writing skills based upon synthesis of knowledge.
- articulate an ethical personal leadership philosophy for a diverse and multicultural 21st century workforce.
- develop the ability to provide vision and mission articulation, problem identification and definition, strategic planning, and ongoing/iterative evaluation.
- integrate skills in multiple types of analysis allowing the application of data analysis to organizational situations and challenges.
- participate in application-oriented assignments and develop high-demand career skills that contribute to employability and professional advancement.
The MSOL program offers five tracks. Choose from Strategic Leadership, Human Resources, Leading Innovation, Organizational Communication, or a general, broad-perspective Organizational Leadership option.