The MA in Corporate Communications accepts new students during the fall and spring semesters. You can start your application and finish at your convenience. Please keep in mind that all application deadlines take effect by 10:00 p.m. MT.
A Complete Application Includes:
- Online Application
Select "Advertising, Public Relations and Design" as the department/program, then select "Corporate Communication-MA" as the degree, and the entry term in which you wish to apply.
- Application fee: $60 for domestic applicants; $80 for international applicants.
- A statement of purpose that helps us assess your interest and ability to succeed in this program.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one must be a professional reference.
- A current résumé or curriculum vitae that details your professional experience, education, awards, publications, volunteer activities, etc. Candidates should typically have a minimum of at least three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL colleges attended. We expect applicants to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75; the average among successful applicants is 3.45 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Please submit unofficial copies with the application; official transcripts should only be submitted if you are admitted and enroll.
- Transcripts must provide evidence of completion of a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent.
- For all international academic work, you must provide the original, native language version of both the transcript and, separately, the degree document, as well as a certified English translation of those documents.
- International students may also need to submit official scores from a test of English proficiency. Applicants should have at a minimum:
- a TOEFL score of 75 (internet-based),
- an IELTS score of 6.0, or
- a Duolingo score of 100.
- After your application is submitted, request that the TOEFL testing agency report your official score directly to the University of Colorado (institution code 4841). To report your official Duolingo scores, click Send Results from inside the application, then choose University of Colorado Boulder - Graduate. IELTS scores should be reported in the application. In addition, you must provide the following information to your IELTS test center when requesting that your scores be sent to CU Boulder (IELTS does not use school codes):
University of Colorado Boulder - Master’s & Ph.D.
3100 Marine Street
Suite A122, UCB 65
Boulder, CO 80303
- Test scores are not required for all international students. You are not required to submit test scores if your native language is English or if, within two years from your desired admission term at CU Boulder, you have completed at least one year of full-time study at either a U.S. college/university or at a non-U.S. college/university where English is the native language of instruction.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us at onlineMACC@colorado.edu.