We are on one of the most beautiful campuses in America. It is also a very safe campus with property theft as our most reported crime. Here are some steps to help you stay safe on campus or anywhere you are.
- Use a u-lock style bike lock and take your lock through the front tire and around your frame.
- Register your bike through the campus registration system.
- Never leave your valuable out in the open.
- Register your electronic devices through the Office of Information Technology.
- Always use the buddy system.
- Be an effective bystander. Don’t ignore situations that seem problematic or indicators that someone is trying to take advantage of a person who is vulnerable.
- When walking, get your head out of your phone and be aware of your surroundings.
- Close and lock your doors and windows to help prevent burglaries and assaults.
- All residence hall residents should be conscientious about any strangers trying to enter buildings without an escort or "tailgating," entering residence halls with a group of students.
- Doors leading to living areas in residence halls remain locked 24 hours a day and visitors must be escorted by a hall resident. Do not prop open doors.
- CU Boulder Alerts: In case of emergency, make sure you get the message. As a CU Boulder student you are automatically registered using your @colorado.edu email address once you become an active student. Please update your mobile number as needed in your MyCUInfo portal.