Teaching and Learning Physics
week 4 assignments
Redish, Teaching and Learning Physics: begin chapter 2: pp 30-36 and 40-42; 124 -141
Papert Situating Constructionism for more on Papert, visit is website --
Posner: Towards a theory of accomodation (required for grads; optional for u-grads)
HRW: pp 565 - 585
1. there is now a JITT assignment2. Homework: select 3 problems from your textbook, in addition to:
- Describing the solution process one would use (you do not need to solve the problem)
- Describe what physics content was needed from this section / other sections
- Evaluate the problem: was this a good problem, mediocre problem, or a bad problem. Consider this problem both for content and pedagogical value.
- IMPROVE THE PROBLEM... MAKE CHANGES TO THIS PROBLEM THAT WOULD ADDRESS THE CONCERNS YOU HAVE AND STATE WHY THESE CHANGES WOULD BE EFFECTIVE.