NIST-PREP (Professional Research Experience Program)
A special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and CU Boulder, PREP places undergraduates, graduate students and post-doctoral researchers in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists. Applicable majors include most engineering departments, biochemistry, chemistry and physics.
- Undergraduates: Application
- Graduate students: Application
- Scientists: Application
- PREP Contact Information:
- Undergraduate PREP Advisor: Tiffany Mason
- Graduate & Post-Doc PREP Advisor: Jerry Peterson
- CU PREP Payroll Liaison: Lisa Valencia
- CU PREP Travel Liaison: Teri Keeler
- CU PREP Procurement & Finance: Teri Keeler
- CU PREP Manager: Tiffany Mason
- CU Prep Supervisor and Co-PI: Paul Beale
- CU PREP PI: John Cumalat
For Undergrads Upon Hiring
Leave will now be tracked on the my.Leave application, which is available through your portal. Because we also need to keep your NIST advisors in the loop, we have devised a system to provide for that.
- Over the course of every month, enter your leave taken in my.Leave.
- At the end of the month, certify your online timesheet, which will be automatically routed to the PREP PI for approval.
The College of Arts and Sciences video tutorial on using my.Leave:
Just as with your paper timesheets, we are only tracking your leave usage—sick leave and vacation leave taken during the course of a month.
Graduate Research Assistants:
You will still be paid automatically at the end of the month just as before.
You will now fill out your timesheets and submit them electronically with my.Leave!
- Enter your hours worked on the my.Leave application, which is available through your portal.
- At the end of each pay period, certify your online timesheet, which will be automatically routed to the PREP PI for approval.
- Get paid!