The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
At NIST in the Boulder Labs Director’s Office under the Communications Technology Laboratory.
Provide Microsoft Access 2016 database support, including modifying an existing and creating a new Access database by managing table relationships and applying normalization rules, creating and running queries and reports, managing forms and switchboards, and sorting and filtering, and import and export output.
- Modify existing Access 2016 database to fix bugs
- Create new Access 2016 database to create efficiencies to improve data records and reporting
- Train PREP Director on Access 2016 and specifically the PREP database
- Experience creating and modifying database programming in Microsoft Access 2016
- Computer programming in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Structured Query Language (SQL) and macro writing
- Accounting knowledge of how overheads and benefits rates are applied to personnel salaries
Length of Term
START DATE: As soon as possible/available.
END DATE: At least one year
Eligibility to be in PREP
- Must currently possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be a degree seeking student through CU Boulder.
- Graduate Research Assistant Contract Pay based on pre-comps/post-comps rate.
- Tuition, fees, and insurance is covered per semester during the academic year if the Graduate Research Assistant works the entire semester.
Interested in Applying?
If interested, please send your resume/CV to Lisa Valencia at email@example.com. Finalist will be required to submit their resume/CV, transcript, two letters of recommendation, and the PREP application.
Job ID: 245