Welcome to CU! I invite you to our amazing new music community. Getting involved in new music has opened up many doors for me as a pianist, and it can for you too. Besides being a chamber music venue for supervised student projects, we also feature CU faculty and world-class guest artists that have included Ursula Oppens and Mark-Anthony Turnage, masterclasses with Kronos, readings with Alarm Will Sound, school-wide festival projects such as the George Crumb Festival, and off-campus events at venues like the Denver Art Museum, Colorado Public Radio, Boulder Public Library. We encourage Performers to commission Composers for works that show off your style, both at your recital and on a Pendulum concert.
Professional advantages: Performance experience, media spotlights, versatility, visibility!
-I will coach your project at least once. Additional coachings and coaches are encouraged.
-Get a professional audio/video of your performance for your portfolio
-Improve your communication skills in rehearsals
-Build your local community support
-Network with colleagues and faculty
4 week commitment to 1 new premiere.
3 scheduled rehearsals (1 is coached by Hsing-ay) and 1 recorded dress rehearsal
1 WED Pendulum concert to many adoring fans.
How do I get started?
1) Tell me and tell your teacher that you have an interest in performing on Pendulum.
Email me your contact info & degree, and I will include it on a priority call list for the composers.
2) Meet composers at our concert receptions and team up! Monthly WEDNESDAY concerts at 7:30 p.m. in Grusin Hall unless otherwise noted. Dates are on the back.
3) You and your composer can email me an idea anytime. Please get your teacher’s consent first. After I confirm yourconcert date at 4 weeks in advance, I will set up a coaching time. While you can also submit works by non-CU composers, priority is given to collaborations with CU composers.
4) Sign up for updates at email@example.com. Visit cu-pendulum.com for profiles, videos, and more…
*My office hours are WED’s by appointment. I’m looking forward to hearing your performance!
Cheers, Hsing-ay Hsu (“Sing-I Shoo”)
Artistic Director, Pendulum New Music
Concert Pianist- Steinway Artist
Students and Faculty: Get involved!
- Composer information
- Performer information
- Letter of agreement
- Faculty information
- College of Music - Application information
Music Lovers: Support Pendulum New Music!
Our program is made possible by the support of our donors. Any level of support is appreciated. Please contact Courtney Rowe if you would like to support new music at CU Boulder.