Welcome to CU! I invite you to our amazing new music community. Getting involved in new music has opened up many doors for me as a pianist, and it can for you too. Besides being a chamber music venue for supervised student projects, we also feature CU faculty and world-class guest artists that have included Ursula Oppens and Mark-Anthony Turnage, masterclasses with Kronos, readings with Alarm Will Sound, school-wide festival projects such as the George Crumb Festival, and off-campus events at venues like the Denver Art Museum, Colorado Public Radio, Boulder Public Library. We encourage Performers to commission Composers for works that show off your style, both at your recital and on a Pendulum concert.
Performance experience, media spotlights, versatility, visibility!
- I will coach your project at least once. Additional coachings and coaches are encouraged.
- Get a professional audio/video of your performance for your portfolio
- Improve your communication skills in rehearsals
- Build your local community support
- Network with colleagues and faculty
4 week commitment to 1 new premiere.
3 scheduled rehearsals (1 is coached by Clay or a member of the applied faculty) and 1 recorded dress rehearsal
1 WED Pendulum concert to many adoring fans.
How do I get started?
- Tell Annika and tell your teacher that you have an interest in performing on Pendulum.
Email me your contact info & degree, and I will include it on a priority call list for the composers.
- Meet composers at our concert receptions and team up! Monthly WEDNESDAY concerts at 7:30 p.m. in Grusin Hall unless otherwise noted.
- Visit cu-pendulum.com for profiles, videos, and more…
Music Lovers: Support Pendulum New Music!
Our program is made possible by the support of our donors. Any level of support is appreciated. Please contact Caitlin Stokes if you would like to support new music at CU Boulder.