Do you know what questions you should ask your landlord before moving into your rental? Do you know how many hours you have to remove snow from your sidewalks after a blizzard? Find the answers to these questions and much more in the Off-Campus Living Orientation!
This course was created to help students prepare for life off-campus, avoid tickets and citations and get involved in the Boulder community. By taking the course, you will:
- Learn what it means to be a good tenant, roommate, neighbor and community member.
- Go over tips for understanding your lease and communicating with your landlord.
- Discover what legal resources are available to you.
- Become aware of your rights and responsibilities as a member of the Boulder community.
- Review City of Boulder ordinances and rules to avoid citations.
- Find ways to get involved in your community.
- Have an opportunity to win an Amazon Echo, a gift membership to Netflix or a gift card to purchase décor and furnishings for your new home after completing the course.
The Off-Campus Living Orientation will go live on August 1, 2018 through Canvas, CU Boulder’s learning management system. Easily log in with your Identikey and password; you will be able to complete the course at your own pace and on your own timeframe. We encourage you to review this valuable information about off-campus living prior to your arrival or return to Boulder.
Students renting from Four Star on the Hill may have additional requirements to complete this course prior to moving into their rental and may be unable to move in until the requirement is fulfilled.
Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations is here to support you. If you require any accommodations or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy Moore or call 303.492.7053.
To access the Off-Campus Living Orientation, please click here.