Outside the University
The University of Colorado Boulder does not release email and address lists for non-university related business.
If you are University of Colorado Boulder personnel wishing to contact a group of CU Boulder personnel:
- Use an administrative e-memo to contact specified groups. An e-memo has a small cost and must have VC or delegate approval and allow two business days for processing.
- Contact email@example.com to appear in CU Boulder Today, which includes Buff Bulletin and CU Boulder Today.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for "targeted email" and other options.
Before you proceed, consider:
- What is the population of interest – people teaching in a term, people associated with a school or college, researchers, staff
- Whether they need to get individualized emails (e.g., with a different link in each person’s email), or can all get the same email or announcement
- Whether the email will come from a UCB email account or from an outside account such as a national organization surveying individuals on your behalf. If outside, many of the options above are not available but “targeted email” might be.
If you are sending a list of campus email addresses to an outside entity to use on your behalf, check with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at email@example.com to get help ensuring that any messages sent from outside UCB arrive as planned.