Financial aid information for CU Boulder undergraduate and graduate students.
Undergraduate Financial Aid
- Financial aid information for degree-seeking (and teacher licensure) undergraduate students with state reportable hours for fiscal years 2014-2021 (Visualization)
- Cumulative loan debt accrued by CU Boulder bachelor's graduates (PDF)
- Undergraduate loan debt and median estimated salary (Visualization)
The U.S. Department of Education releases official cohort default rates once per year. A cohort default rate is the percentage of a school's borrowers who enter repayment on certain William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loans during a particular federal fiscal year (FY), October 1 to September 30, and default or meet other specified conditions prior to the end of the second following fiscal year.
|Fiscal Year||Cohort Default Rate|
|National four year public||6.8%||7.1%||7.5%|
- FY 2017 3-year cohort (PDF) (Draft)
- FY 2016 3-year cohort (PDF) (Final)
- CU Boulder default rates over time (Excel) - shows official and preliminary rates for each cohort. Updated with official rates in Sept. or October (e.g., Sept 2015, official FY2012 rates released).
- Please refer to the Cohort Default Rate Guide for a more in-depth description of cohort default rates, how the rates are calculated and more information on default rates by state and institution type on the US Department of Education Federal Student Aid webpage.