The ODA Assessment Team primarily supports program- and institution-level assessment and is not the only assessment resource for interested faculty and staff. This page outlines various assessment resources within and outside the CU Bolder community.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning: The Center for Teaching and Learning was established July 1, 2019 and supports CU teachers (faculty and graduate students). It is a centralized community hub dedicated to developing and supporting a campus-wide community for effective teaching practice. For support improving teaching, curriculum development, or assessing course-level student learning outcomes, contact the Center for Teaching and Learning. For support in creating or assessing program-level student learning outcomes, contact the Assessment Team in the Office of Data Analytics.
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Program: Faculty Teaching Excellence Program (FTEP), now part of the Center for Teaching and Learning, strategically supports the CU Boulder faculty and postdoctoral scholars in implementing the most effective, evidence-based classroom practices to promote student learning.
- Center for STEM Learning (CSL) - Assessment Resources: The CSL, housed in the Graduate School, integrates more than 75 programs and projects in STEM education. Many of these programs are nationally recognized and replicated.
- Departmental Action Team (DAT) Project: A Departmental Action Team (DAT) is a working group that aims to sustainably improve undergraduate education. DAT participants identify an educational issue of importance in their department, with the aim of making sustainable changes and shifting departmental culture.
- Teaching Quality Framework (TQF): The Teaching Quality Framework (TQF) initiative facilitates departmental and campus-wide efforts to provide a richer evaluation of teaching and reward scholarly approaches to teaching assessment. The TQF team will work with interested departments to develop and adopt a new framework for effective teaching practice.
- Center for Assessment, Design, Research and Evaluation (CADRE): CADRE staff collaborates with university departments, state agencies, districts, schools and other organizations to investigate the effects of programs and interventions on student learning and to improve upon assessment practices and design.
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment: NILOA’s primary objective is to discover and disseminate ways that academic programs and institutions can productively use assessment data internally to inform and strengthen undergraduate education, and externally to communicate with policy makers, families and other stakeholders. An especially helpful area of the NILOA site may be the New to Assessment webpage which includes a collection of open-access resources introducing the basics of assessing student learning. It is a recommended starting point for those who might be exploring the field of assessment for the first time.
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education: The Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE) is an organization of practitioners interested in using effective assessment practice to document and improve student learning.
- AAC&U VALUE Rubrics: Sample rubrics to assess learning
There are many exciting projects and resources at CU Boulder. If you think we are missing an important resource, let us know by reaching out through our online contact form.