Macky Auditorium welcomes applications for a part-time House Manager to oversee the front of house operations during various performances and events. In this role, the House Manager creates a safe and entertaining theatrical experience while providing exceptional guest service. This includes resolving guest issues, developing the ushers’ guest service skills and developing innovative methods to ensure a high standard of guest service.The House Manager will lead the ushers and Assistant House Managers. This is a part-time position with varied work hours, including weekends, holidays and the summer season.
- Ensures that patron interactions are handled in accordance with established procedures, and resolves all guest concerns as they arise.
- Creates and maintains employee schedules and adjusts station assignments to ensure proper coverage throughout the auditorium.
- Provides leadership to usher staff.
- Recognizes exemplary work performance and guest service.
- Assists in continuing training of the front of house staff.
- Prepares reports on show events and incidents.
- Maintains stock and inventories of equipment and supplies.
- Communicates effectively with multiple departments to ensure that events run smoothly.
- Performs all other job-related duties as requested.
What we require
- Five years of guest service experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
What you will need
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Remain calm and maintain professionalism in high-stress scenarios.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
What we would like you to have
- Two years of Ticket Office or Theater experience.
- Two years of hospitality industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the work assignment.
The anticipated starting hourly rate for this position is $16.00, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass.
To apply, please submit the following materials online:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
View the full listing >>