The College of Music welcomes applications for a Academic Service and Admission Assistant to provide administrative support for the Academic Services Office. This role gives broad support for graduate studies and recruitment, reception support for the office, and other administrative needs.
- Process all graduate applications and ensure all components have been submitted
- Schedule and managing the graduate audition process in partnership with the undergraduate studies staff
- Review content and facilitate updates to the graduate studies portion of the College of Music website
- Maintain graduate student records
- Review and update information related to graduate studies in the campus catalog
- Administrator for the recruitment advertisement process including coordinating data, contacting vendors, scheduling ads, and making payments
- In partnership with the Director of Admissions and Recruitment, provide support for on-site visits for scheduled and drop-in prospective undergraduate and graduate students
- Represent the College of Music at selected campus-level Office of Admissions events when needed
- Handle reception duties for the Academic Services Office
- Administer the FCQ process
- Provide administrative support for the College of Music Academic Policy Committee and other committees
What we require
- Three years of general administrative work experience.
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Must be a Colorado resident.
What you will need
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to use basic office software/hardware (Microsoft Office Suite, computers, copiers, etc.)
- Overall interest and comfort working with technology and computer programs, including a willingness to learn.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Detail-oriented, but also able to strategically conceive and coordinate projects and events.
- A dedicated work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task multiple projects.
- Appreciation of cultural and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
What we'd like you to have
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related field. Two years of experience working in a similar capacity in a higher education setting.
- Background in music is helpful, but not required.
- One year of administrative support experience in higher education setting.
- Academic Advising awareness or experience.
- Familiarity with admission processes.
The salary range for this position starts at $41,496.00. The University of Colorado also offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass.
Please submit the following online by June 19:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time. For more information regarding Classified Staff positions, visit the University of Colorado website.
View the full listing >>