The College of Music invites applications for an HR and Accounting Technician to provide broad human resources and accounting support.
College of Music Financial Support
- Develop, manage and support budget requests and reports for the College of Music.
- Process journal entries, cash deposits/transfers and other financial transactions.
- Review fund balances, recommend financial allocations and support fiscal year-end activities.
College of Music Human Resources Support
- Under direction of the Assistant Dean for Budget and Finance, process contracts for lecturers.
- Prepare documentation for payroll to hire and process lecturers, TAs and student employees.
- Process hiring paperwork for student employees and train new student employees on timesheet processes.
- Work with the HRSC to communication and ensure hiring and payroll are completed efficiently and effectively for the college.
Other College of Music Support
- Support Youth Piano Instruction Program and other College of Music activities.
- Provide customer service to people coming through the Dean's Office, including walk-ins and phone calls.
What we require
- Three years of experience related to the position. Substitution: appropriate education will substitute for the required experience for a year-for-year basis.
What you will need
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration and problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to situations that arise on a day-to-day basis with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and trusting working relationships with faculty, administrators and staff.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and geographical differences with ability to work well with faculty, staff and students from around the world.
What we'd like you to have
- Higher education experience using CU Business Applications, such as PeopleSoft Finance, Concur, HCM, CU Marketplace and/or Cognos.
- Experience with contract accounting and management.
- Previous experience with payroll and human resources.
- General understanding of the rules and regulations that drive university processes (e.g. Fiscal Code of Ethics, procurement rules, hiring processes)
The anticipated starting annual salary for this position is $43,020. The University of Colorado also offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass.
Please submit the following online by June 26:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time. For more information regarding Classified Staff positions, visit the University of Colorado website.
View the full listing >>