The University of Colorado Boulder College of Music seeks an Outreach and Community Engagement Coordinator. This position is a full-time member of the dean’s office staff. Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Dean, the OCEC will be charged with stewarding community engagement, outreach and student diversity programs for the college.
The College of Music, founded in 1920, is recognized as one of the top comprehensive music schools in the country. The college offers seven degree programs in more than 28 fields of study at the bachelor’s level through the doctorate. Our dedicated and supportive community of 550 degree-seeking students, 68 full-time faculty, 30 part-time faculty and 27 professional, technical and administrative staff produces more than 350 performances and numerous guest lectures, master classes and outreach events each year.
Community Outreach and Diversity Support
- Responsible for cultivating strategic community partnerships and relationships with educational institutions, particularly those that serve underrepresented and diverse students
- Develop and supervise the application of program content and classroom enrichment opportunities
- Support student mentorship and community building within the Diverse Musicians Alliance (DiMA) to increase the retention and success of first-generation and underrepresented students in the college
- Collaborate with the CU LEAD Alliance to advance the university's inclusive excellence mission by recruiting and retaining students from under-represented groups, students of color and first-generation students
- Provide supplemental administrative and programmatic staff support to the college’s Entrepreneurship Center for Music
- Assist with walk-in traffic in the dean’s office
What we require:
- A bachelor’s degree in music, education, speech and communications, business, organizational development or a relevant related field from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated success working with diverse groups of students, including first-generation students and students of color
- One year of professional-level experience coordinating outreach or educational activities in music or a directly related field
What you will need:
- Outstanding relationship-building and networking skills with a demonstrated interest and ability to advance the college’s commitment to community partnerships, entrepreneurship and diversity and inclusion
- Ability to exercise judgment and independent initiative
- Highly-organized professional with integrity and discretion
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What we’d like you to have:
- A background in music
- A master’s degree in a relevant related field from an accredited institution
- Two or more years of professional-level experience coordinating outreach or educational activities in music or a directly related field
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with underserved communities
- Bilingual or multilingual
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
The salary range for this position is $46,000-$60,000. The University of Colorado also offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass.
Please submit the following online by Feb. 15, 2018:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Note: Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-12472. Please do not upload references at this time.
View the full listing >>