Applications for Spring/Fall 2021 are now open!
Applications should be completed online through the Graduate School website. Apply here now!
Opportunity for Underrepresented Students
The Colorado Advantage Graduate Preview Weekend gives underrepresented students a change to visit campus, meet faculty, and preview doctoral programs in science, math, and engineering departments at CU-Boulder.
A. General Admission Information
- Requests for information about the MSE program should be addressed to email@example.com.
- Deadlines for applications can be found at: http://www.colorado.edu/admissions/graduate/application-deadlines
- The application website including a large amount of information on the process is here: http://www.colorado.edu/graduateschool/apply
- Note that Ph.D. students must apply to and be admitted to the Ph.D. program. Ph.D. admission does not follow directly from the conferring of the M.S. degree and an M.S. degree is not necessary to apply to the Ph.D. program.
B. Admission Requirements Specific to the MSE Program
- The MSE graduate program encourages applicants with undergraduate degrees in science, engineering, or related disciplines including but not limited to MSE, physics, chemistry, computer science, biology, biochemistry, and all engineering disciplines. The program is flexible in order to accommodate individual backgrounds. Generally, we expect a minimum of two years of calculus/differential equations as well as basic courses in physics and chemistry in order to maximize chances for success in terms of both admission and completion of the program. A customized plan to address any deficiencies will be assembled with your advisor in the first semester.