The College of Engineering and Applied Science has numerous minors and certificate programs targeted to engineering students. A typical minor or certificate requires 18 hours, although the exact number varies from program to program.

What’s the difference between a minor and a certificate? To enroll in a certificate, you must do not already need to be a degree-seeking student; to pursue a minor, you do. Some minor programs are also limited to students enrolled within the same college. The Biomedical Engineering minor, for example, is only open to engineering students. MS and PhD students may not select a minor.

Learn more about minors at the College of Engineering and Applied Science website.