The McNair Research Academy aims to better prepare students for careers in undergraduate research by increasing their exposure to institutional knowledge, connecting them with opportunity and support programs, providing peer mentorship, and cultivating a sense of scholarly identity early on in their undergraduate degrees. Seminars are held once a month for a year, after which students will be ready to apply to various summer research opportunities such as the CU Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) Student Grant, or the National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduate (REU) programs. Admission is welcome to all students, and first-generation, low-income, and underrepresented students are especially encouraged to join!
Sign Up for Spring 2023
Click here to sign up for the McNair Research Academy!
McNair Research Academy Participants in our program will receive:
- Mentoring from current graduate students in your field and in related fields
- Monthly Seminars focused on helping participants begin undergraduate research, including:
- How to get funding for undergraduate research
- Research proposal writing
- The culture of academia and research labs
- Resume versus Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Post undergraduate options, such as M.S. and Ph.D. programs
- & more!
- Support of the McNair Scholars and the CU Student Support Services communities
McNair Research Academy Participation Requirements:
- Attend monthly seminars/workshops in Spring & Fall