Instructors can now start developing their Spring 2018 courses in Canvas. From easy course setup to robust mobile apps, there are a lot of reasons to be excited about the launch of Canvas.
- Simplified Course Set Up: Canvas makes it quicker and easier to set up your online course content, so you spend less time clicking through menus and more time doing what's important (like teaching!).
- Mobile Convenience: The Canvas Teacher app lets you accomplish common tasks easily on your phone. Change assignment settings, post announcements, and grade student work, all on the go.
- Real-Time System Status: When students are taking an online exam or submitting a critical assignment, you shouldn't have to worry about technical issues disrupting your class. With Canvas, you can check the system status any time at status.instructure.com (go ahead, try it). If there's ever a technical problem with Canvas, you and your students will know about it.
- Responsive Support: If you have questions or run into issues with Canvas, just click Help > Report a Problem. Canvas will tell us the exact page you're currently looking at so we can solve your problem quicker. You can even open a chat with support right inside Canvas (available 24/7).
- Improved Calendaring: The Canvas calendar shows all important dates across your courses, but it doesn't stop there. You can change the deadline for an assignment just by clicking and dragging the event in the calendar. Or you can create a new assignment by clicking on a due date.
- Streamlined Attendance Taking: Taking attendance is a breeze with Canvas and requires almost no setup. Just open Attendance and click students' names to mark them present or absent. An attendance grade will automatically appear in your gradebook; you only have to choose how much it's worth.
- Insightful Perspective: If you want to preview your course, just switch to student view. You can even take quizzes and submit assignments in student view, and Canvas will save your scores just like a real student. You can click "Reset Student" any time to start over with a fresh test account.
Bonus - Students Will Love It
- We've heard from students that they like Canvas's modern and intuitive interface, along with the full feature mobile app and their ability to create "what-if" grade scenarios. They will also have access to the same responsive support, 24/7.