All University Libraries facilities are closed until further notice. Deans' June 1, 2020 statement on future access to libraries facilities, on-site services and physical collections.
We're providing remote and virtual services to support you. Event, service, and other updates are posted here. General questions? Ask a Librarian.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we continually evaluate our services in relation to the COVID-19 situation. You may find regular updates about the campus response to coronavirus and ways to protect yourself at colorado.edu/coronavirus.
Returning Materials to the Libraries
- Libraries fines are waived through August 31, 2020.
- If you have a hotspot on loan from the Libraries and would like to return it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive directions. Please do not return hotspots to the Libraries' drop boxes.
- All Libraries materials due dates will be extended to August 31, 2020 or later. Individuals are encouraged to keep their materials until August 31, 2020. Libraries materials (except hotspots, see above) may be returned to the drop boxes located at Norlin’s east and west entrances, and at the Gemmill Engineering, Math & Physics Library.
Course Reserves for Summer and Fall 2020
Due to the continuing COVID-19 situation, course reserves materials for the Summer and Fall 2020 semesters must be available to students online. Instructors may place physical materials on course reserve, but an online version must also be made available. Libraries personnel can help instructors locate digital versions of materials, and may digitize physical materials held in the Libraries’ collections or provided by instructors. Details, resources and contact information for assistance are provided on our Course Reserves webpage.
Remote Access to Libraries Collections
Until further notice:
- Interlibrary Loan is available to request electronic books and articles.
- The Libraries have suspended all mailing, lending, or borrowing of physical items, including materials from the Libraries' collections, the PASCAL off-site storage facility, Prospector and other libraries.
- General course reserves questions may be directed to norcirc @ colorado.edu. To submit Summer or Fall 2020 course reserves requests, please see our Course Reserves webpage.
- Digital media services are suspended.
The Libraries are licensing as much digital content as possible to meet the resource needs of CU Boulder educators, students and researchers. See the Off-Campus Access page for more information. Contact Ask a Librarian or your subject specialist for help.
Remote Research Assistance: Services & Resources
The Libraries offer personal research consultations to help refine and focus research topics, develop successful search strategies and identify appropriate sources for academic research projects and assignments. These offerings will transition to virtual and remote meetings as of March 11, 2020. Individuals will receive instructions and details for connecting virtually when we receive their requests via the Research Consultation page.
Support for Teaching
- The Rights Issues, Copyright & Remote Courses guide aims to proactively address questions concerning copyright and teaching online.
- We are accepting requests for research seminars. We will process and fulfill these requests as we are able. All offerings will be delivered virtually with Zoom or through digital research guides. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or inquiries about remote options for learning. We encourage you to explore the research strategies pages, subject guides and additional learning resources available from the Libraries’ website.
Norlin Commons Desk Closure
The Norlin Library Commons and Commons service desk are closed.
All Writing Center sessions will be conducted remotely effective immediately. The Norlin Library Writing Center location (Room E111) is closed.
The Writing Center website provides procedures, resources and FAQs for remote consulting.
Special Collections & Archives Reading Room
Please note that no photocopy, PDF, or digital reproduction orders will be fulfilled during this time. Special Collections, Archives, and Preservation may also take longer than usual to reply to email reference requests submitted to email@example.com.
Please consult the Libraries Events Calendar for the current status of events (e.g., canceled, postponed, offered virtually).
Student Libraries Advisory Board (SLAB) Meetings
All remaining SLAB meetings this semester will be canceled. Our thanks to all students who participated this semester!
Library Materials Vendors and Suppliers
Vendors and suppliers: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all communications and questions related to invoices, payments, and shipments.