How to get access
- Start with the library website search. OneSearch resources will automatically ask you to login with your IdentiKey if you're off-campus.
- Find your database on the A-Z Database list. This will let you know if your database has any access restrictions, such as VPN only usage, or registration required.
- Explore new resources and current Libraries resource trials, including:
- HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS)
- If you don’t find what you need, please contact your subject specialist, submit an interlibrary loan request for digital materials, or submit a purchase suggestion.
- Use the VPN from OIT. This is especially helpful if you don’t usually start your research from the library website, as it will mimic on-campus access.
- Install LibKey Nomad on your Browser. Once installed, this extension will show an easy access button for a limited number of our resources on third party websites like PubMed.
- Connect Google Scholar with CU Boulder resources. Go into settings -> Library Links. Search for University of Colorado Boulder and select University of Colorado Boulder - Find It @ CU. Once this is set up in your browser it should show the Find It link in Google Scholar both on and off-campus.
Who can get access
Alumni and public access to electronic resources
Off-campus access to our databases and online resources is restricted to current students, staff and faculty. Some resources do allow walk-in access for public patrons. Please contact our Ask A Librarian service for more information.
If you’re having difficulty with locating or accessing specific resources, contact us via our Ask A Librarian service.
Problems logging in? Email us at email@example.com.