Placing Materials on Course Reserves for Summer and Fall 2020
Due to the continuing COVID-19 situation, course reserves materials for the Summer and Fall 2020 semesters must be available to students online. Instructors may place physical materials on course reserve, but an online version must also be made available.
Libraries personnel can help instructors locate digital versions of materials, and may digitize physical materials held in the Libraries collections or provided by instructors.
Please fill out the Reserves Request form. Provide as much information as you can, in order to help us fulfill your request. Please note: this form will require you to log in to Microsoft Office 365. When prompted to login, do so with your identikey username @colorado.edu address (the first.last @ colorado.edu address will not allow you to log in).
We will attempt to locate online versions of the material you request. If online versions are not available, we will attempt to scan pages from print. (See Limitations and Considerations, below).
Limitations and Considerations:
- Please anticipate that reduced staffing may limit our ability to scan the pages you request; we may contact you to discuss your request.
- Turnaround times may be longer than usual. Please submit a Reserves Request form as soon as possible.
- We will deliver scanned articles and book chapters to you via the Libraries’ interlibrary loan system, ILLiad. You will then be able to download the PDF files from ILLiad and upload them to Canvas.
- If you require most or all pages in a book for your course, we may be able to obtain access to an e-book. If so, we will contact you.
- Instructors will be emailed the Chinook course listing, which includes links to the physical and e-materials on reserve, to place on the Canvas page.
You may be able to provide your students with streamed recordings available through the libraries. Search across audio content (recommended), or search a specific database:
- Naxos Music Library
- Naxos Music Library Jazz
- Classical Music Library
- Smithsonian Global Sound
- Ethnographic Sound Archives Online
If these databases do not include streaming access to a recording you need, our Media Conversion Services unit may be able to create a streaming version from a physical format that is either held in the Libraries or provided by you. Please anticipate that reduced staffing may limit our ability to fulfill all media conversation requests; we may contact you to discuss your request.
You may be able to provide your students with streaming video currently held by the Libraries. To check for a specific film title, search across video content via OneSearch (recommended). You may also choose to search Kaltura via Canvas (you may need to first enable the Kaltura Media Gallery feature within Canvas and follow these search instructions for the Kaltura Media Gallery).
Additionally, see our Guide to Finding Film and Video.
If you are unable to locate the streaming video needed, our Media Conversion Services unit may be able to create a digital version from a physical format held in the Libraries (search the Chinook catalog) or provided by you. Please anticipate that reduced staffing may limit our ability to fulfill all media conversation requests; we may contact you to discuss your request.
Information for Students
For Summer 2020, Course Reserve materials are available online only. You should be able to access them through the Canvas site for your course.