Patrons with a current CU Boulder library account may request materials via the library catalog for pickup (information about borrowing privileges). Faculty, staff and graduate students who have a campus mailbox may have library materials delivered there via campus mail (information about My Campus Box delivery).
Most materials held at Norlin Library, Gemmill Library, Earth Sciences and Map Library, the Music Library and PASCAL may be requested. Materials from the William M. White Business Library currently housed in Gemmill may also be requested. Items may be returned at several library locations (see a map of bookdrops, or get more details about returning items).
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may pick up your holds anytime after receiving your hold notice, during open hours. Appointments are not necessary.
- Once materials are paged (approximately two business days), you will receive a hold notice via email.
- What to expect
- You’ll need to scan your Buff OneCard or library card at the point of checkout.
- At Norlin Library, materials are made available in the east entrance lobby (near the Sundial Plaza). Self checkout machines are available adjacent to the hold shelves. Instructions for using the self-checkout machines are available on-site. Circulation staff will be available to help if needed.
- At other library locations, ask at the service desk for materials on hold.
- Items not retrieved during the 14-day hold period will be returned and reshelved.
Please follow Boulder and campus health guidelines when picking up materials.
Faculty, staff and graduate students who have a campus mailbox may have library materials delivered there by selecting My Campus Box as the pickup location when placing a request. Items requested through Prospector can also designated for delivery to My Campus Box.
You will receive an email notifying you when items have been checked out to your account and are in route to your campus mailbox; please allow extra time for delivery via campus mail when selecting this option. For quicker delivery, select any campus library location. Please note that by choosing the campus delivery option, you accept responsibility for lost or damaged materials.