The upstairs floor of Gemmill Library welcomes group work and features whiteboards and moveable tables. The lower level, outside of study rooms, is designed for silent study. Large tables, standing desks and bean bags mean you can study in comfort.
Group Study Rooms
There are seven Group Study Rooms in the lower level of the Gemmill Library. These rooms are equipped with tables, chairs, white boards and a screen for projection.
These rooms are available for two or more CU-Boulder students who need space for group projects and study sessions. All of the Gemmill's study rooms are available to be reserved online. Four of the rooms can only be booked 24 hours in advance. Three of the rooms are available to be reserved up to 30 days in advance. Please refer to the Norlin Commons Team Technology Rooms for policies regarding our group study rooms.
Please keep your confirmation email.
Your confirmation email is the only proof of your confirmation.
Study Room Policies
- Patrons can reserve one room per time slot.
- Unoccupied rooms may be used until the patron who booked the room requires it.
- Please bring issues to the Information Desk.
- Groups may use study rooms up to four hours per day.
- Groups are given priority over single users.
- Single users may use the room but may be asked to leave.
- Activities that are disruptive to other users are not permitted in the study rooms, including parties, music practice, or odorous chemicals.
- Rooms should be left in an orderly fashion and all refuse properly disposed.
- The library isn’t responsible for personal property left in rooms.
- Study rooms are available during library hours.
- Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to closing.
The Gemmill Library Instruction Room is available for use as a group study room, or a meeting room for UCB affiliates. It features a large screen with an HDMI input cord, a AV input cord, and several whiteboards. Math 150 is large enough to accommodate up to 15 people with tables and chairs or 20 people with chairs only. The room can also accommodate multiple small study groups. This room may be used for library instruction and reserved for events. To reserve it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We require two business days notice to book the room. When it’s not in use the room is available to everyone, so please keep the door open.